The real estate market in India is highly volatile. Before investing in a property, it is important to understand the market trends. Investing in a weak housing market can help you leverage your investment and get better gains. Here are the recent trends in the real estate market in India that you need to know–
- With a flagging economy, the real estate market in India in the last quarter of 2019 was arguably overvalued. Cities like Hyderabad and Bangalore witnessed the highest increase in y-o-y prices in a property while other cities saw a fall in the prices.
- In the past year, there was a fall in construction activity in residential properties in India.
- Housing was made affordable by a reduction in the GST rate. The GST was reduced to 1% for housing and 5% for other properties to bring a change in the buyer’s perspective.
- Not just buying, the yields of rental property were also low in the past year. The yield was poor in New Delhi, average in South Mumbai and high in Bangalore.
- There was a growth in co-working spaces as this model has attracted small companies, startups as well as large players in IT. Just like co-working spaces, other alternative real estate investment options are also gaining traction.
Understand the real estate market trends before making any investment decision! Discuss your ideas and requirements with the real estate experts at Grovy.